12.11.2008

peace.... out!

well Thanksgiving came and went like a batch of hot gooey chocolate chip cookies. I think I consumed the least amount of food, as well as the least amount of fat, that I ever have on every other Thanksgiving I have celebrated. maybe that's why it didn't feel like Thanksgiving at all.
but the break did not completely pass without indulgence. Bittersweet Bistro anyone? it's fabulous. and very much recommended.


back to Thanksgiving though... we did our new Thanksgiving morning tradition that involves tennis shoes and a bib. the Turkey Trot! Nick, myself, and Mitch got our butts out of bed early to go run a 5k together. after fighting for personal space for 3.1 miles Mitch and I had lost my husband. we proceeded to stock up on free bananas, athletic store coupons, and mud on the bottom of our shoes before wondering if Nick had passed out and been trampled on in the race when THERE HE IS! he crosses the finish... and we discover he has accidentally run the 10k. i know what you're thinking and let me just say, he wasn't the only one. but how hysterical is it, that one can accidentally run TWICE as far as what one sets out to run... and after FIVE MONTHS of zero cardio.
ah. good times.


in other news...
...vodka should be stored in the freezer. not in the bottom cabinet with an open cap and a Thrify tag that reads $8.99 from 1984.
...if you are at a Whole Foods and find an Annie's Salad Dressing: Woodstock flavor, please report back to me as this is my most favorite dressing in the entire world and I can no longer find it.
...my Christmas tree may have been donated by my parents and may be the tree I grew up with, it may be fake, the same height as me and prickly, it may coated with dust and cat hair that makes Nick sneeze, it may be all bent up and require straightening, it may have so many holes that you can see more wall on the other side than tree, it may make Nick think that I grew up with a ghetto tree.. but I opened my Sega Genesis under it in 1993, my blue leather beanbag seat in 1994, rollerblades, underwear, rechargeable batteries, a sweater with black leather cats on it, New Kids on the Block Christmas CD, and a pair of fuzzy pinks socks that helped me fly down the hardwood hallway with Endust. it is my tree. consider it peed on. by me.
BOO YA.

No comments: