1.10.2010

making it good

there are very few things that make me stop moving. stop breathing. stop thinking.
.. earthquakes.
.. and hummingbirds.

I prefer the hummingbirds. since the chance of death is much lower.

the last (1, 2..) three times I have seen these flying instruments, it has been < dramatic pause > sort of surreal. I have the tendency to move A to Z in life with focus and large blindspots. so when I say I see hummingbirds... truthfully..?.. they see me.

they zip in to my line of sight and freeze where I stare. like they were just flying along, minding their own business when all of a sudden
<<... GASP! ITS A KATHLEEN! WOW. COOL. LET ME STARE AT HER FOR A LITTLE WHILE BEFORE I MOVE ALONG ...>>>

to me - it almost feels like a sort of 'last breath' experience. this is it - make it good.

in other news...
...alka seltzer used to taste better. at least, I think it did.
...there was a crow convention in front of my house at 4pm. I never want to see that again.
...I think I have a new addiction.


1 comment:

Alicia Young said...

umm I am afraid of humming birds.. they are shady with their fast wings .. always flying so fast... but maybe I am just paranoid... hope you have a happy new year... love ur posts!!