2.15.2008

cheers to me!

it's hard to believe it has been almost a week now since my 10k. I know you all must be wondering about the results (because I have just received SO many inquiries - hint of sarcasm). well I did it. I was coughing, congested, with tons of pressure in my right ear and I got myself out of bed and on the trail in the cold morning. even more unbelievable was the fact that Nick was out there too with me that early.

Aly was amazing. she held my water for me, stuck with me the entire time, told me minimal inspirational things, asked me whenever I needed water. and despite a total of 20 secs of walking in order to spit water, I did the entire thing. the furthest I had run before that, was only 4.8 miles. and that was weeks prior. to go from that, to 6.2 made me feel so proud of myself. and then it was all over. and I had to pack for my trip to NY. and my run was pretty much forgotten by everyone.

I haven't gone on a run since then (6 days ago). I was in NY for 4 nights and gave myself a nice bruised instep from all the walking. it goes from invisible, to excruciating pain very easily. I broke in to a jog today whilst running to my mom's desk to give her some cash for her lunch (how often does a daughter get asked by her mom to borrow some money?) and pain shot up from the bottom of my foot, up the side of my leg and I showed up at her desk with a limp and a grimace - thus making her feel extreme guilt. as much
as my body craves a good run after my NY trip (I ate pretty healthy, I was just off schedule and thus feeling very funky) my foot can't handle a 10 foot jaunt right now. I am even concerned for my upcoming Napa trip - I don't believe wine can hide the pain. but I'm willing to test that theory.

hold it up to the light, swirl it, smell it, sip it. it's good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the 10K! :o)

Anonymous said...

You rocked the 10K! I had so much fun.(thanks for the kudos)