8.31.2010

yoghurt mit fruchten. danka.

bicycles, designer jeans, and Thai food.
that is the answer to: What 3 things will Kathleen remember forever about Zurich Switzerland?
after sitting through a flight in which my neighbor pooped her pants and my neighbor's neighbor barfed 4 times while landing, I find myself in Zurich - where Seattle meets San Francisco meets Manhattan.
*neighbors were 6 months and 3 years old but seriously, I don't care - that was really disgusting and should have been avoided.

Zurich has the cleanliness of Seattle, the city and art of San Francisco, and the fashion of Manhattan. combine all that with stunning German-speaking people and a few snowy mountains in the background and BAM - I give you Zurich.

if you have a shopping addiction, don't come here. I visited
2 H+M's and a store that had more designer jeans and the most-excellent white button shirts I have ever seen before I forbid myself to walk in to any more clothing shops. some other interesting tidbits? how about the fact that Zurich has no stop signs; the St. Peter's church which holds the oldest clock tower in all of Europe; and the Lindt chocolate factory which offered me a smell that made me think I was in an oven with a dozen cookies - minus the burning sensation.

tomorrow morning we leave Zurich and drive our rented Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback (they were out of BMWs) to Austria. and after 12 hours of walking today... I couldn't be happier to sit my butt down in a car for an extended period of time tomorrow.

in other news...
...horizontal stripes are "in". I get it - thank you pirate / sailor society of Swizterland.
...saw a single rainbow today while cruising to the Lindt factory through Lake Zurich - it was so bright and vivid.
...the Indian buffet I had dinner at - while being pretty good - thinks naan is a giant baked tortilla chip. nein. definitely NEIN
....shiza. time for bed.


No comments: