2.28.2013

sshhhh... 1, 2, 3,

surprises are underrated.

some of the best things ever, have been unexpected.
receiving a 1932 Underwood typewriter with an already typed letter in it (surprise)...
giving a seaplane flight over San Francisco to someone I love (surprise)...
being visited by a wonderful supportive friend in tow with a beautiful flower arrangement (surprise)...
returning to my hotel room alone after completing an Olympic Triathlon and finding a card and chocolate dipped strawberries (surprise)...

likewise, some of the worst things ever, have been unexpected.
hearing that you need to rush to the hospital to say goodbye to a young family member...
answering the phone and being told your friend had an accident and is no longer with us...
listening to your husband say he has cancer...

all of those best and worst moments I remember like it was yesterday.
I guess the biggest difference between the two is...
the worst ones? are out of everyone's control, and - if you are fortunate enough - are shared with family and friends.
but the best ones? those are for JUST you - one person. someone - or maybe a few someones - did something so wonderful, for only you. and that feels so. incredibly. amazing.

I love that.

in other news...
...surprise someone (anyone) today with something good.
...my dog is so lazy that instead of chewing his entire rawhide, he simply swallowed the last half of it (surprise!). I have never paid so much attention to his poop as I am now.
...parties are all fun and games until you cry (surprise!).
...Jonathan Pierce from The Drums, I wish you were my man twin (surprise!).



No comments: