6.11.2009

busy bee

despite how much today feels like Monday, it is Thursday. I guess that is a good, as well as a bad thing.

summer seems to be officially beginning for a majority of the people I know. of course, the majority of the people I know all work within the school system so we define our summers just a little differently. I am excited about the few weekend trips my husband and I have heading our way but Monday through Friday our lives remain the same.

our most recent outing to Big Sur was amazing! a little cloudy yes, but Big Sur is a coastal park - not cloudy would have meant something drastically wrong. the Riverside cabin we stayed in was intimate and adorable... the Big Sur Bakery & Restaurant was all the homey-hippiness I wished for plus the happiness of a Belgium beer offering. now that just can't be beat!

our 9 mile Andrew Molera loop hike was astounding. the evolution from ugly trail, to river crossing, to beach rocks, to wildflower galore, to overgrown wildflower galore, to something resembling Haleakala in Maui, to the most amazing vista looking both north and south down the coast... w o w.

I could have done without the rattlesnake cameo... as well as that tick that had me in a death grip but... minor details.

Mountain View will be graced with my presence tomorrow - I will be running to Chez TJ to capture one last photo to add to the American Liver Foundation collection that I am currently busying myself with and then that project will be complete.

with another shoot scheduled on Saturday, I will have a lot of photo work ahead of me!
bring it.

in other news...
...48 hr film project in San Francisco has been conquered! I belong to Pink Umbrella Pictures and our film will be screened at the Roxie Monday, June 15th at 7pm.
...to runbikerun or not to runbikerun? I lean to runbikerun.
...do you have a goal for this summer? tell me about it...

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Beautiful Photo!

You'll have to tell me how to get to that trail. How long did it take you guys to do it? It sounds amazing!

Jo said...

My two summer goals:
1) Finish the marathon.
2) Find a four-leaf clover.

☺ Jo

Unknown said...

Hey Jenn! The trail was the Andrew Molera trail and I believe it took us around 4 hours. There are lots of signs posted on hwy 1 so you can't miss it but I'd say it's within the Northern end of Big Sur.

Hi Jo! Those are two very different summer goals! But both very exciting. I can't wait to hear about the marathon! I remember when you said you first signed up... and it's so much closer now : )