12.12.2007

a friendly poll

so I've caught a mild cold that has stolen one running day from me thus far. tomorrow will be the day it confirms itself as my first official cold in years, or as a just a gum-size wad of needles stuck in my throat. and since I am taking today off and making my one-day non-running streak in to a two-day non-running streak, I thought I should do something useful.

I'd like to ask anyone who is still reading these rants their opinion on something. I still haven't signed up for a race but I have dwindled down my options.

See Jane Run is a half marathon in Alameda (boo / yay) with views of San Francisco from along the trail (yay). It's flat (yay), it's women's only (yay), there is a section of the race right in front of the Oakland Airport (boo).
http://www.seejanerun.com/t-See-Jane-Run-Half-Marathon-and-5K-details.aspx

The American River Parkway Half Marathon is in Sacramento (definite boo). The trail looks really pretty (yay), flat (yay), live music along the course (yay) and their race t-shirts for women are CUT for women (yay). And, I want to hug whoever wrote the text for their website.
http://www.parkwayhalfmarathon.com/

please vote.

2 comments:

mitch said...

I vote for Parkway. See Jane Run doesn't look like it has much shade and it's at the end of May! Might be a bit toasty. The only thing is that drive =(

Anonymous said...

I also vote for Parkway. It looks more scenic. Also, my half marathon is on May 3, so we'd be running on the same day! :o)