12.10.2007

moe. he. toes.

my teeth are quite sensitive today thanks to all my deliberating and lip biting over the weekend.
last Friday was my personal deadline to sign up for a race. it was my deadline to make my 'impossible' officially nerve-racking and stomach-churning. and well, I haven't signed up yet. but let me explain.
I hit a little avalanche of doubt. of maybe I-can't-do-it. of I-won't-wake-up-in-time-the-morning-of-the-race. of but-my-legs-will-fall-off. it's-too-cold. it's-too-hot. my-knees-won't-bend-today. my-blister-is-too-big.
there's-a-microscopic-rock-in-my-shoe-that-won't-come-out.
well, you know what I say:
there's nothing a good ol' cocktail party can't solve.
numerous mojitos in to the evening and my friend that ran the Big Sur Marathon is urging me to sign up for a half. "you can do it! you can totally do it!" and, maybe it was the wine or - gawd - that shot of Patron that I just remembered but, I believed her and she seemed to believe in me.
so I think it is now time for you all to refer to "fireplaces and iron-ons".
and remember, if in doubt, throw a cocktail party!

No comments: