10.16.2008

ball wacking

it has been an odd couple of days. thank goodness for The Moon is Down. with it, I can keep my peace.


tennis has been my most recent addition in sports exploration. I should stick to soccer to say the least but new experiences make me laugh at myself. and laugh hard. and that's a most excellent set of muscles to work.
in the middle of my tennis rally with my running buddy, I decided to punish myself every time I hit the ball in the net by doing 5 pushups. the good thing about this was that the more tired I got, the more accurate I was wacking my balls. (heh) the bad thing about this was that I got tired.
seems like a fair trade-off.


in other news...
...camels sleep 2 out of every 24 hours. it's true.
...there is a science to tennis balls and their ball firmness and ball fuzziness.
...one should not run with eyes closed on a treadmill.. even IF someone on television does it.
...someone always sees you trip.. even if you can't see them.

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Speaking of balls...I was running on the treadmill of my gym a long time ago, and these guys were throwing a racquet ball back and forth to eachother. One of them missed it, it bounced onto my treadmill, got under my foot and I literally flew off the thing backwards as fast as humanly possible onto my butt. The entire gym was staring at me thinking, wow, that girl is really a retard. I was like, here's your ball back f-head. Thanks for helping me revisit that fun little memory.

Jenn said...

omg marisa's comment made me laugh my ass off! Funny fact about camels.

Unknown said...

marisa - you're too much.. I love it.